The Pistis Life and Leadership Institute (PLLI) is pleased to welcome you to the 10-week immersive SPARK School of Enterprise Development (Cohort-1). We will offer registered students the opportunity to fully immerse themselves into the well-designed curriculum and course contents covering key business-related challenges of aspiring entrepreneurs, Start-Ups & Fledging business owners in their first 7-years of operations. This course has been designed for greenhorns in tech, textile, trading, manufacturing, content creation, and production to gain first-hand experience of properly starting or running a well-structured business in our environment.
Through its school of enterprise development, PLLI provides world-class education in entrepreneurial development and management through its world-class faculty consisting of founders and business practitioners operating in various industries.
PLLI’s school of enterprise development seeks to pioneer an innovative community-based approach to learning that is guaranteed to provide its learners with a well-rounded and firm grasp of issues that affect start-ups and established businesses alike. PLLI will also build an ecosystem that will Provide a platform for participants to network and achieve their dreams
The SPARK Cohort-1 is a blended program and PLLI will be hosting most of the in-class lectures at the PISTIS Heights on 1, Resurrection Drive, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
Our instructional strategies involve a blend of the following elements:
The SPARK course structure is designed along the following:
The SPARK course serves to provide a deep-dive overview of the enterprise development ecosystem.
It will help students build solid ground knowledge of subject matter topics in sub-Saharan business practices, key economic affairs, deliver training in core entrepreneurial skills and offer internship activities for interested students with PLLI partner institutions and government-based agencies:
The SPARK Immersion Course/ Programme has specifically been designed for aspiring entrepreneurs, Start-Ups & Fledging business owners in their first 7-years of operations. This course is primarily for greenhorns in tech, textile, trading, manufacturing, content creation and production to gain first-hand experience of Successfully starting or running a well-structured business in our environment.
Registration is open to the public and private sector, NGOs, and academia. University students who desire to gain practical knowledge of setting up and running a business.
To ensure proper engagement, interactive learning and the highest quality standards, a maximum of 20 participants will be allowed per batch for the internship field visits, 50 students per in-person class and 120 students virtually (managed in groups of 20 each) will be allowed. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the course, each student receives a PLLI SPARK certificate of completion.
Overview of Spark Course Modules and Topics
Overview of Spark Course Modules and Topics
- Understanding Globalization and the Global Economy
- Decoding the Business Environment
- Leveraging the Opportunities in the Operating Environment
- Analyzing Business Problems
- Developing innovative Strategies for Business
- Defining Your Value Proposition
- Refining Your Products and Services
- Raising Capital to Fund your Business Ideas
- Identifying and Working with Partners
- Types of Business Entities in Nigeria and Around the World
- Overview of Taxation
- Governance & Ethics
- Effective Board Composition
- Risk Management
- Strategy and Planning
- Writing a Business Plan
- Analysing Markets and Industries
- Understanding Business Modelling
- The Role of Financial Models
- Enterprise Architecture and Organizational Design
- Building Structures Around Your Business
- Business Policies and Processes
- Leading a Business into Profit and Prosperity (Leadership for Entrepreneurs)
- Organizational Culture and Performance
- Building a Human Resources Systems
- Building a World Class Performance Management System
- Succession Planning
- Identifying Customers and Consumers
- Selling to your Preferred Customers
- Digital Marketing and Branding
- Customer Service
- Understanding Fixed Costs
- Understanding Variable Costs
- Overview of the other Types of Costs
- Cost management Strategies for Businesses
- Understanding the Types of Money in Your Business
- Basic Financial Interpretation
- Understanding Liquidity and Profitability
- Managing Your Cashflow
How to Register for SPARK
PLLI SPARK School of Enterprise Development Immersion Programme – Cohort-1 in the September Edition (24 Sep 2022)
- The SPARK 3 – 6 months practicum program is designed to run concurrently with the curriculum being delivered at PLLI School of Enterprise Development (SOED)
- our virtual/ e-learning course model comprises 8 different modules, which can be studied in a self-paced manner and require 6-8 hours of studying per week. It includes 5 hours of live components per week with PLLI School of Enterprise Development (SOED) consultants/ experts, weekly reading material and assignments, multimedia files as well as moderated group discussion boards
Dr. Femi Johnson
Dr. Ngozi Onyia
Dr. Biodun Adedipe
Juliet Inyang Okeoghene
PLLI Value Proposition
Our value proposition is represented below:
We are offering an innovative approach to teaching and coaching, mentoring a new generation of Business Leaders.
Our purpose is to raise business leaders who would create jobs and build transgenerational corporations.
PLLI further aspires to cultivate a robust and active alumnus that will create opportunities for each other to penetrate entrepreneurship and policy circles. We will teach and encourage participants to leverage, nurture networks and connections for growth and development”.